Thursday, February 5, 2009

Quick update and Praise

The Chickens are starting to lay again!!! Just one egg so far, but for 3 days we gave gotten this same amount! Very thankful and excited. It seems silly that a man would praise the Lord for 1 egg, but that is just what I am doing. Also, have Jerusalem Artichokes starting to poke through and so far we have about 30 tomatoes sprouted! This is a great thing to our little clan. We are all thankful and staying warm despite freezing temps of late.
There are so many others who are learning through trials and tribulations around the world and we feel so very thankful for the moments that God gives us encouragement. We are thankful for His people and their love also.
Today is a day of much thankfulness and joy for us. We pray the same for all of you!
Indebted to His Grace, Bob

2 comments:

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

OK, trying this again, there was an error to my first comment. I found you through Bethany's blog (Grace in Bloom) and have enjoyed reading here. I want to say up front that I don't have any personal knowledge of chickens, although I hope to get that very, very soon as we will be buying our first chickens in a matter of weeks. OK, that said, I have heard others talk about their chickens and I thought I would pass on what I heard, please excuse this if you already know the info :-) Someone with chickens that were not laying found out they needed to feed them more. They did that and now they are getting over 100 eggs a month (I;m not sure how many chickens they have). A friend of mine told me she puts a light in their coop during the winter to extend the "day light" hours, and that keeps them laying through the winter. Not sure if that can help you any.

Blessings,
Kerri

Abigail said...

Kerri,
Sorry for not responding sooner, but my back has been out. The good news is that we are now up to 2 eggs a day! Big improvement. Thank you for your suggestions, they are pretty accurate for someone who doesn't know a lot about chickens :) We were out of feed for a little while, but the Lord has recently supplied some. Please keep in touch as I will be posting some pics about our chicken adventures soon. BTW, who are you buying your chickens from and what kind are you planning on getting?