Friday, January 23, 2009

Thoughts on segregation

Just a short note on the current political situation that we all find ourselves in. I am reading various folk on the issue of what I will call 'involvement' of the Church with the world system (political/economic/etc.,). I am sure that many already have settled their own views of how we are to interact, if at all, with the current culture but I have not. I have strong feelings both ways. I see the arguments for segregation, ( some use the term separation, which means holiness in biblical language) and the arguments for some strong involvement in stemming the tide of debauchery that is in this world. I am not on either side fully...yet. I, by nature lean toward the segregation side but am concerned with clear definition because some seem to equate it with holiness. It is not. Some segregation is a mandatory part of holiness and I never want to be on the wrong side of that argument, but neither do I want to abdicate this world over to Satan if the Lord has not ( as some very sound Puritans taught that if God is Sovereign then this cannot be Satan's world, even though he may be trying to convince us that it is, ie; modern America). This gets into the issue of Eschatology (end-times, or more properly Last Things) and this leads to still more complex results of... if we should be involved in the battle of this age, or segregated in all respects. This is not a small, or obvious issue to me.
I believe that this issue is one of the keys to the future of Agrarianism as a way of life. I also feel that it is of vital importance to the mission of the Church in these last days.
Here is a link to a very short article on this subject which must be addressed by all Christians. http://www.covenantnews.com/blog/archives/051420.html
For those of you who are concerned with purity, please note that there are also rotating advertisements on this page and some are a sad commentary of just how little some understand the subject at hand.
If the premise here is one that is in agreement with our views then we must consider if the author was of the mind to segregate or reform. Just some thoughts I am considering.
May God bless and keep us all while we are travelling through...

No comments: